The lawyers at Samfiru Tumarkin LLP frequently speak at conferences, continuing legal education courses and for associations throughout Ontario.
Our lawyers would be happy to come and speak to your members about employment and labour law in Ontario and B.C., including (but not limited to) any of the following topics:
- Contracts of employment – important terms to consider
- How to negotiate contracts of employment
- What to agree or not to agree to in contracts of employment
- The law with respect to hours of work, overtime, vacation and leaves of absence
- Wrongful dismissal – what is it?
- Fired for cause versus without cause
- What to do when being offered a severance package
- What is a layoff and what are an employee’s rights?
- Constructive dismissal (where the terms of employment are altered by employer unilaterally)
- Accommodation due to injury or any other reason/employers duty to accommodate
- Temporary layoffs
- Workplace harassment and discrimination
- Lawsuits – steps, costs, advice