Samfiru Tumarkin LLP is a busy Ottawa boutique law firm that specializes in labour and employment law, as well as personal injury and insurance litigation. We are expanding and we need an outstanding person to help us grow.
We are looking for a legal assistant that is looking to learn, flourish, and become part of a very vibrant and friendly group. This position is full-time and suitable for a candidate with at least 2+ years of experience as a legal assistant. We are looking for someone that is responsive, eager to learn, adaptable, and enjoys a fast-paced, and fun, environment.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Scheduling phone calls with clients and counsel, examinations for discovery, mediation, pre-trials, civil practice court appearances, and motions.
- Managing legal representative calendar(s) and notifying clients of appointments.
- Monthly billing and semi-monthly to weekly trust transactions.
- Full range of administrative responsibilities, including drafting correspondence, filing, binding, and other duties as required.
- Manage court deadlines and ensure that all documents are served and filed properly.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years’ experience as a legal assistant. Experience in employment law would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of court deadlines and experience filing and serving documents in accordance with the Rules of Civil Procedure or Rules of Small Claims Court.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Keen organizational ability.
- Flexibility to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and meet urgent deadlines.
- Experience with ProLaw considered an asset.
Samfiru Tumarkin LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Operations Manager Scott Guest (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 29, 2019.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. (No phone calls please.)
Job Type: Full-time