Samfiru Tumarkin LLP lawyers frequently speak at conferences, continuing legal education courses and for associations throughout Ontario. Below is a link to a presentation given by Samfiru Tumarkin LLP lawyer Lior Samfiru at a networking organization he frequently speaks at (HAPPEN): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71qwOAHFTLk
Our lawyers would be happy to come and speak to your members about any of the following:
Request a Speaker
- Contracts of employment – important terms to consider
- How to negotiate contracts of employment
- What to agree or not to agree to in contracts of employment
- The law with respect to hours of work, overtime, vacation and leaves of absence
- Wrongful dismissal – what it is?
- Fired for cause versus without cause
- What to do when being offered a package?
- What is a lay off and what are an employee’s rights?
- Constructive dismissal (where the terms of employment are altered by employer unilaterally)
- Accommodation due to injury or any other reason/employers duty to accommodate
- Temporary lay-offs
- Workplace harassment and discrimination
- Lawsuits – steps, costs, advice